Creating a yard without grass is a popular option right now for homeowners. More and more are using this option to help cut down on the watering that grass requires. In drier parts of the country, yards without grass are becoming the norm (many homes in drier areas use xeriscaping, which focuses on using as little water as possible). Designing a yard without grass is also a great option in Florida. Here are a few ways to jazz up your yard without grass:
1. Use rocks, wood, and bricks to create a courtyard, Zen retreat, or another serene area.
2. Plant wildflowers. These often require less care and water than grass.
3. Use stone pavers. There are all sorts of looks you can create with stone pavers, many of which can add a unique look to your yard.
4. Spread out with your expansion plans. Florida living isn’t complete without a lanai and/or a pool. If you’re adding or expanding these at your home, you can increase the size if you don’t have to worry about maintaining grassy areas in your home.
5. Consider a courtyard. Courtyard areas can be inviting and relaxing and can be easily created with concrete pavers and gravel, plus a few well-placed plants or flowers and/or a water fountain.
6. Create a garden. Wouldn’t it be fun to go out to your yard and pick up some additions for tonight’s dinner? That’s just what you can do if you have a garden. If you don’t want grass, you can expand the size of your garden, perhaps adding edible trees and more features.
7. Use artificial grass. Turf has become a growing option, and it definitely requires less care than regular grass. Plus, there are turf products that look realistic.
8. Install a rock garden. You already know you can make a garden out of edible items or flowers, but have you ever thought about a rock garden? Rocks can have their own beauty, and a rock garden is a way to add something unique to your yard, be it a large feature or just one small part of your yard design.
9. Put the emphasis on potted plants. You can use small stones or concrete pavers for the yard itself, and then jazz up the area with potted plants. Have fun and be creative. Focus on different colorful flowers, or add a vibrant container garden.
Arbor Landscapes Paves the Way in Local Landscaping
At Arbor Landscapes, your property is our mission. We are a full-service landscape company offering a variety of services, including an eco-friendly space, lawn care, xeriscaping, lighting and irrigation. Arbor Landscapes is dedicated to providing service in Siesta Key, Bird Key, Longboat Key, Casey Key, Sarasota, Bradenton, Anna Maria Island, and Lakewood Ranch. We have extensive experience working in the Florida climate and are committed to creating the landscape of your dreams. Whether you need lawn-care maintenance, landscaping design, or want to try eco-friendly xeriscaping, Arbor Landscapes is your company. We are here to transform your lawn into something amazing that you will love. Call us today at 941.927.8002, or visit us online.